Loopcloud records logs which contain useful error information. The logs are stored in %APPDATA%/Loopcloud on Windows and in ~/Library/Loopcloud/ on Mac machines. These can be difficult locations to find for non-technical users. So Loopcloud includes a feature for opening the right folder for you. The process is described below.
Sending logs to support
- In Loopcloud hold down ALT and click on the gear icon. The advanced menu options will appear.
- Select Show user library folder. This will open Finder (Mac) or Explorer (Windows) showing the Loopcloud folder. Leave this window open - you will need it in a minute.
- Perform the action that's causing the problem in Loopcloud- doing this immediately before sending us the logs will make the problem easier to find.
- From the Loopcloud folder drag api.log and app.log into an e-mail
- Send the email to email@example.com
Finding log files without opening Loopcloud
Go to finder, click the Go menu, select Go To Folder..., in the box that appears put the following text and press enter:
- Perform the action that's causing the problem in Loopcloud - doing this immediately before sending us the logs will make the problem easier to find.
- From the Loopcloud folder drag api.log and app.log into the attachments section at the bottom of our Submit a Request page, then click Submit to send.