The following instructions detail how to move your Loopcloud user content onto a new computer. This includes user-added tags and will also work for moving your Loopcloud user content from a PC to a Mac system or vice-versa.
Before you start, we recommended that you make a backup of your Loopcloud library database file. Please follow the below steps on how to do this.
1. Navigate to File>Preferences, then scroll down and enable the Internal and Degbug features tick box.
2. Close the preferences window, navigate to File>Advanced and then click on Show user library folder.
3. Open the folder called Loopcloud and inside, there will be a folder called [Your Email Address]. Within this folder, locate a file called Local.db.
4. Make a copy of the Local.db file in a completely separate folder location on your computer for safekeeping, as this will allow you to restore your Loopcloud Library if you need to.
Once you have backed up your Loopcloud library database file, follow the steps below to move your Loopcloud user content onto your new computer.
5. On your current computer, highlight all your user content in your Loopcloud library before right-clicking on one of the highlighted folders and then navigating to File > Remove From Library. This removed content will be logged into a new file called archive.db.
6. Quit and close the Loopcloud application.
7. Whilst the Loopcloud application is closed, go back into your User Library folder entitled [Your Email Address] and make a copy of the archive.db file, before moving this file onto your new computer.
8. On your new computer, ensure that your Loopcloud user library doesn't have any of your local files/samples listed. If it does, remove them.
Please note: This is the same process that you previously performed on your current computer in Step 5 - highlight all the local content in your Loopcloud library, right-click on one of the highlighted folders and then click Remove From Library.
9. Once you have ensured that the Loopcloud user library on your new computer doesn't contain any of your local files/samples, quit and close the Loopcloud application again.
10. Open the User Library folder on your new computer and replace the existing archive.db file with the archive.db file from your old computer.
11. Reopen the Loopcloud application on your new computer and re-import your user content folders by dragging them into your Loopcloud library.
Loopcloud will recognise the samples you import from the archive.db file and re-apply your user-added tags. It is recommended that you re-import your user content in small chunks to ensure that your user-added tags are applied correctly.
Your Loopcloud library will now contain your user content and your user-added tags on your new computer.
If you have any feedback, issues, or questions about Loopcloud, please click here to contact our Customer Care Team and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
Please sign in to leave a comment.